A birding shore excursion within the Pacific slopes
This easy birding shore excursion begins from Puerto Quetzal to Finca La Gracia, that is a private nature reserve located within the Guatemalan Pacific Slope. (1:20 hr Approximately)
This former coffee plantation is situated in the center of the tropical wet forest and shows some diverse scenery: second-growth forest, rubber tree plantation, sugar cane, pineapple and cattle areas that inhabits 182 bird species.
This selection of environments offers exceptional options to discover an attractive mixture of bird species, a number of them restricted to the northern central American pacific coast, like White-bellied Chachalaca, Blue-tailed Hummingbird, Yellow-naped Parrot, Guatemalan Tyrannulet or Rufous-naped Wren.
This property provides an excellent chance to delight in a bird-watching excursion in Guatemala; there’s a well-connected hiking trails system that will get you through the woods and open spots to experience a fantastic encounter with exotic birds.
The closeness to Puerto Quetzal dock and straightforward accessibility makes the property a perfect spot for shore excursions and tours in Guatemala.
Book This Tour
Talk To A Travel Advisor
GT: (502) 7832 2742
US: (305) 395 3935
DEPARTURE / RETURN LOCATION
- Availability: All Year Round
- Tour Duration: One Day
- You Will Visit: La Gracia Nature Reserve
- Round trip Private transportation
- Entrance Fee to La Gracia Nature Reserve
- Break & Lunch
- Purified water
- Bird watching specialist tour guide (English- Spanish speaking)
- Expenses not mentioned in your itinerary
Birdwatch with limited time.
Flexibility is the key!
Do not worry, take a note that Birdwatching Guatemala is a tailor made birding company that offers birding excursions, starting from the most significant travel destinations, so let us know where you are, and your requirements, we can customize a personal birding trip for you
Some Species that you can spot in our birding shore trip are:
- Rufous-breasted Spinetail (Synallaxis erythrothorax)
- Long-tailed Manakin (Chiroxiphia linearis)
- Cinnamon Hummingbird (Amazilia rutila)
- Tody Motmot (Hylomanes momotula)
- Lesson’s Motmot (Momotus lessonii)
- Golden-fronted Woodpecker (Melanerpes aurifrons)
- White-fronted Parrot (Amazona albifrons)
- Barred Antshrike (Thamnophilus doliatus)
- Masked Tityra (Tityra semifasciata)
- White-throated Magpie-Jay (Calocitta formosa)
- Long-billed Gnatwren (Ramphocaenus melanurus)
- Rufous-and-white Wren (Thryophilus rufalbus)
- White-breasted Wood-Wren (Henicorhina leucosticta)
- Yellow-billed Cacique (Amblycercus holosericeus)
- Rufous-capped Warbler (Chestnut-capped) (Basileuterus rufifrons)
- Yellow-winged Tanager (Thraupis abbas)
- Squirrel Cuckoo (Piaya cayana)
- White-collared Swift (Streptoprocne zonaris)
- Great Black Hawk (Great Black Hawk)
- Roadside Hawk (Rupornis magnirostris)
- Gray Hawk (Buteo plagiatus)
- Gartered Trogon (Trogon caligatus)
- Turquoise-browed Motmot (Eumomota superciliosa)
- Golden-fronted Woodpecker (Melanerpes aurifrons)
- Orange-fronted Parakeet (Eupsittula canicularis)
- Pacific Parakeet (Psittacara strenuus)
- Spot-breasted Oriole (Icterus pectoralis)
- Altamira Oriole (Icterus gularis)
- Red-legged Honeycreeper (Cyanerpes cyaneus)
- Morelet’s Seedeater(Sporophila morelleti/torqueola)
- Black-headed Saltator (Saltator atriceps)
- Grayish Saltator (Saltator coerulescens)
- Collared Aracari (Pteroglossus torquatus)
- And among other.
Packing Ideas – What to bring?
- Small backpack
- Mosquito repellent
- Sun cream
- Hiking shoes
Related Birding Day Tours
El Pilar Birding Tour
A private birding day trip from Antigua Guatemala or Guatemala city visiting El Pilar Reserve, a destination with a high degree of regional endemism located within the North Central American Highlands Zone.
Our Pink-headed Warbler one day birding trip is operated in this small region located in the mountain forest biome of Tecpan, a very attractive and effortless destination for birders looking for the highlands specialties.
El Mirador del Rey Tepepul
This reserve is found on the western slopes of the Atitlán volcano, with montane and subtropical humid forest areas inhabited by exciting bird species. The main target of this day tour is The Resplendent Quetzal.
Tikal Birding Tour
Tikal is one of the best places for birding in Guatemala; More than 400 species of birds have been recorded within Tikal National Park, including 30 birds of prey and 60 migratory bird species.
The Cerro or Paquisis volcano (“Paquisis hill”) encloses a micro-watershed at the top, where the observation of Horned Guan and other guans (Crested Guan, Highland Guan) is feasible.
Los Tarrales Nature Reserve
Tarrales is a Natural Private Reserve situated in the southeast area of the Volcano of Atitlan, from 615 to 2.600 meters above sea level. This condition allows having a great variety of species in the same place.
Tecpan & Antigua
Tecpan & Antigua Guatemala One – day birding trip is one of the best options for a day birding tour in the Guatemalan highlands, combining two effortless destinations located nearby Antigua.