One Day Birding Trip
Availability: All year round
Antigua Guatemala (World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO), attracts travelers to its cobblestone avenues by a high number.
There are several activities for the vacationer to enjoy while vacationing in Antigua. The city itself includes a wealth of churches and ruins that enable you to experience a cultural immersion inside of the Guatemalan culture and history.
Bird watching in Antigua Guatemala is an excellent opportunity to discover the world of the birds of Guatemala, offering, easy and exciting birding activities inside nature reserves and private properties located just 10 minutes from the main square or 1 hour from Guatemala City.
Antigua Guatemala, Important Bird Area (IBA – GT016 ) is situated mainly within the volcanic chain around Antigua Guatemala (Agua, Acatenango, the active Fuego, and Pacaya volcanoes); the altitude of this unique birding destination goes from 500 to 3,900 meters above sea level. The land is covered by diverse habitats such as farmland, forestry, coffee, avocado, medlar, and macadamia plantations, some pasture land, montane broadleaf, evergreen and pine-oak forest, among other.
Antigua Guatemala, one – day birding trip is a very attractive offer with a high degree of regional endemism located within the North Central American Highlands Zone.
During our day birding trip to Antigua Guatemala will visit different ecosystems and reserves where you could spot a substantial number of bird species such as:
- Green-throated Mountain-gem (Lampornis viridipallens)
- Rufous Sabrewing (Campylopterus rufus)
- White-eared Hummingbird (Basilinna leucotis)
- Gray Silky-flycatcher (Ptiliogonys cinereus)
- Blue-throated Motmot (Aspatha gularis)
- Prevost’s Ground Sparrow (Melozone biarcuata)
- Black-capped Swallow (Atticora pileate)
- Rufous-browed Wren (Troglodytes rufociliatus)
- Blue-and-white Mockingbird (Melanotis hypoleucus)
- Brown-backed Solitaire (Myadestes occidentalis)
- Black-vented Oriole (Icterus wagleri)
- Golden-browed Warbler (Basileuterus belli)
- Highland Guan (Penelopina nigra)
- Singing Quail (Dactylortyx thoracicus)
- Lesser Roadrunner (Geococcyx velox)
- Among other.
This Tour Includes:
- Round trip Private transportation
- Entrance Fees to parks and nature reserves
- Purified water
- Bird watching specialist tour guide (English- Spanish speaking)
- Checklist of the birds of Guatemala
Meet and Greet for One – day birding trips:
Our uniformed birding tour guide and driver will pick you up (and drop off), at the hotel or lodging address provided in your tour confirmation.
Birding departures will be established according to season and birding destination.
Packing Ideas – What to bring?
- Small backpack
- Mosquito repellent
- Sun cream
- Hiking shoes
Birdwatch with limited time.
Flexibility is the key!
Do not worry, take a note that Birdwatching Guatemala is a tailor made birding company that offers birding excursions, starting from the most significant travel destinations, so let us know where you are, and your requirements, we can customize a personal birding trip for you
Cancellation or refund policy for day trips:
All deposits are completely refundable, except PayPal’s 5 % of charge.
To request your reimbursement, for a one-day birding trip, we need you to inform us 72 hours before the date of your excursion to cancel your reserve or to change the incoming time.
If you do not show up and your birding tour has not canceled before 72 hours, you will not have a right to refund. The deposit is not refunded as we need to cover the cost of transportation, driver and other expenses that we have set aside for you and your group. In the case of last- minute cancellations; there is no reimbursement.